THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES OF INGREDIENTS
- Kapoor is used externally as a stimulant and a counter irritant especially in rheumatic pain. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and is effective in reducing pain. It is also effective as an anti-septic. Furthermore, Kapoor has anti-spasmodic, rubefacient, and analgesic properties.
- Sat Ajiwan contains an essential oil known as thymol. Thymol is useful as an external application in joint pain and arthritic pain.
- Phudina Phool acts as a counter irritant with cooling effect
- Nilgiri Tel is used as a counter irritant and anti-septic.
- Hari Chaika Tel is a powerful stimulant due to a volatile oil in it viz. theine. Theine is a nervine stimulant. It is beneficial in headache, neuralgia & nervous depression.
- Turpentine oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic agent. It is used as a counter irritant and rubefacient.
- Wintergreen oil has proven anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties on local application.
- Clove Oil contains acetyl eugenol 10% and methyl salicylate etc. Externally it works as a counter irritant and antibacterial and provides analgesic therapeutic action.
- Muster Oil is irritant in nature. It can be used as an ideal remedy in rheumatic pain. This oil is very useful in external massage therapy.
- Til oil is balya and vataghna on external application
Knivitol Liniment Plus is a stimulant and a counter irritant. It shows anti-inflammatory activity in acute and chronic inflammation. This is analgesic liniment thereby reducing pain. Knivitol Liniment Plus is recommended in muscle and joint pains especially in osteo-arthritis. Local application provides immediate relief from pain and inflammation.
Absorption of the liniment through the skin is enhanced by suspending the drug in an oily vehicle and rubbing the resulting preparation on the skin. This would further aid in maintaining muscle tone.
- Muscle Pain
- Girdle pain
- Cervical spondylosis
- Joint Pain